2015年9月7日 星期一

Self-Introduction


1.        Self-Introduction
Good morning, every interviewer. My name is XYZ You can call me J. Thank you for this interview arrangement today. Let me introduce my past working history, current position and myself for your reference.
I have over 12 year working experiences in I.T industry at commercial companies, I.T consulting firms and education institutions. Most of job duties were responsible for I.T infrastructure maintenance, design and implementation, and providing end-user support services for various level of users with subordinates.

In 2012, I changed job to current company – CUHK SCS. The major reason is to have a balance of life, because I always worked for a long time in I.T consulting firms. So my wife always complained it. Actually, I also really enjoy to work in education sector, the university life.



In my current position, I am an I.T manager and lead a team with over 10 technical staff to provide technical support services to end-user (i.e. staff, students and visitors) in several outside learning centers. If the teammates have any difficulties and problem on user support, then I will take the call and solve it.


Besides, I am also responsible for team and resource management, I.T infrastructure configuration, explore new technologies, project management, and some administrative works (e.g. programme timetable exercise).
2.        Why do you want to quit the job in the CUSCS?



Um … the CUSCS is a community college, although it is under the CUHK, it does not run the CUHK system. So my current learned in CUSCS has some different than the standard in the university. So I want to seek a job in university and also want to have better career prospectus, such as this position – assistant manager in ITO.
3.        What is your expectation in our job (new job)?

For the new job, I don’t think it too complicated. But I hope I can contribute all my previous working experience and knowledge for the job and maintain / enhance quality of services for end-users, particular the job in consulting firm
4.       How do you pick the unfamiliar items in new environment?

For technical items, I never think that is very difficult for me to pickup in a short period of time. Somehow I still have technical background as supporting. For IT administration and operation, because it is associated or related on school business director and operation flow, I cannot provide you a conquest answer. But I still think that is not a very difficult for me based on our past working experience.

5.        What is different between commercial companies and education institutions?
Wow …! In my experience, I don’t see too much different on my job between two sectors. I.T department is a service department. The objective is to provide best service for staff, students and even guests. The service level requirement is keep going up. The standard or benchmark is very close the commercial standards.
I only can find that staff in education sectors are similar as government staff. They follow the guideline and procedure closely and less flexibility. In commercial, the key is satisfy the users based on your hands’ resources, can override the procedure if the result is good, but no illegal tracks.


6.       How do you manage some staff who have much experience than you?
Wow …! It is a common team leadership question. In fact, I also face similar problem in my school. They have their own preference and habit. However, I still can cooperate with them to achieve my arrangement well.
When I met them in first team meeting, I would start to understand their job preference and personality. Somehow my head, he would give me some useful information for each colleagues working style. Also, I will tell them we are the same level, but I will work more additional job which you don’t like to work. I hope this action can enhance the communication between us. After understanding your personality, job preference and job expertation, then I can easily arrange right job to them. Sure that I still try to give them some new jobs and hope that the can perform well. Although they don’t like to work with me, they have their competence and capability to do part of work very well.



沒有留言:

張貼留言